Do you own a PBHev laptop or have any computer that uses Windows 10? Do you connect to the Internet and before a page even loads you are being notified that your data bundle is exhausted? If you face these problems then this article is for you.
So why does this happen, what is it with the Windows 10 Operating System that sucks up data?
By default, when you connect to a new Wi-Fi network that has access to the Internet, this connection is used to do updates on your system. It's these updates that eat up your data as they run in the background. So to stop your data from being used for these automatic updates, you have to set that Wi-Fi network on your computer as a Metered Connection.
A metered connection is an Internet connection that has a data limit.
To set a Wi-Fi connection as metered:
- Select Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage known networks.
- Select the Wi-Fi network > Properties > turn on Set as metered connection.
1) On the Taskbar, click on the network icon or click on the Show hidden Icons Arrow and select the Network Icon.
2) Select the Network you want to set as a metered connection and click on properties.
3) Turn on SET AS METERED CONNECTION.
Once it is turned on, your data won't be used for those automatic updates and thus you can browse longer.
Thanks for reading through. If you successfully do this let me know in the comments section below.
Muluh MG Godson.
African Cultures Used In The Movie Black Panther.
On the 29th of January 2018, audiences around the world
Top Qualities Of A Good Mentor.
Often too much people tell us to get a mentor.
Art Or Science, Which Is More Difficult To Learn?
Often too much, especially in high-school, there's a common misconception
Corona Virus Vaccines, Id2020, 5G Chips And The Mind Control Algorithm.
With the outbreak of the corona virus pandemic, Bill Gates